1. How do I restore the EndNote Tools in MS Word/in MacInstosh??
2. I downloaded EndNote but I cannot find the install file.
When you download EndNote you should have a compressed file containing all the necessary files to run the software, including the install file and the key for installation. Ideally, an install window will appear to start the installation process. Sometimes these files are not located in the same directory, and the install file cannot be found. If this is the case, first do a directory search for the Windows installer EN20Inst.msi. If the installer is not located, initiate the following steps:
1. Look in the downloads section forEndNoteX20_Windows.exe
2. Double Click that, it should open an extract prompt. add anything after the final slash to create a subfolder within Downloads that the two files will be extracted to.
3. Look in the Downloads to find the newly created folder (you can sort Downloads by Date Modified to find it easier).
4. Click the program labeled EN20Inst.msi to install
3. When I try to install EndNote, I get a message to first close all applications, even though none are open.
Programs may still be running in the background -- probably Microsoft Word. Go to Task Manager > Processes and look for Microsoft Word. Right-click to end the process.
4. When I try to download the EndNote software from our link I get a "500 Internal Server Error" message.
Right click on the EndNote version to download and select "download" instead of clicking directly on the version link.
5. How can I install additional output styles?
Follow this link for a comprehensive tutorial
6. EndNote 20 tab not appearing in Word - Windows
Go to This PC > Program Files (x86) > Configure EndNote.exe
7. What import filter do I choose in Endnote?
Sometimes you may be prompted by Endnote to Choose an Import Filter. If you see this prompt (and you are downloading a RIS file or you chose "EndNote" as your file type) choose either RefMan RIS or ReferBibIX from the filter options (the options are in alphabetical order).
If the file is not a RIS/EndNote file, look for a filter with the same name as the database, or the platform/provider (for example, PubMed, OvidSP or EBSCO).
8. How do I download files from One search to Endnote?
To export individual items click on the three dots to the right of the item to bring up export options. Use Export RIS/EndNote to download the RIS file for EndNote.
To export multiple items at the same time, select them by clicking on the item number and then click on the three dots at the top of the results list, next to the pin. Click on Export RIS/Endnote and then Download. There is no need to click on the Encoding drop-down menu.
You can also save them in your Favorites by clicking on the pin at the top of the results list. Go to your favorites by clicking on the pin next to your name in the top right hand corner. Select the records you wish to export and click on the 3 dots at the top of the list. Click on Export RIS/Endnote and then Download.
9. If I search a database from within EndNote, will I get the same results as if I searched the database itself?
We would not recommend carrying out a comprehensive search using the tools from within EndNote. Searching the database itself will give you a far richer range of options for constructing a search and managing the results.
Searching from within EndNote can be very useful if you know the details of a particular reference you want to find, or if you only want to carry out a very quick search for a few references.
10. Can I change which fields are displayed in the database view?
11. How do I merge documents with EndNote?
This technique is advised to avoid issues when merging multiple documents (e.g. merging chapters to create a full draft).