Covidence is a screening and data extraction tool for conducting systematic reviews. It allows screening to be more efficient and easily tracked. It is available to Washington University School of Medicine students, staff, and faculty through the library’s subscription.
The main steps for Covidence:
1. Upload search results as an RIS file
2. Covidence will automatically deduplicate records
3. Screen abstracts for relevancy by two or more reviewers
4. Screen full text using inclusion and exclusion criteria
5. Resolve disagreements
6. Complete data extraction after customizing templates
7. Conduct risk of bias assessment
8. Export data into RevMan or Excel
Starting a project with a librarian
Already have a Covidence account?
If you have used Covidence in the past, you likely have an account already. You can use the library’s subscription with the same account as long as you used your wustl email address. To request access to the institutional account in Covidence: