The Read by QxMD app allows you to find and access journal articles quickly and easily on your mobile device.The institutional edition provides “one tap” access to full text articles, even when off the medical campus (must have a Becker proxy account). Please follow these instructions if you would like to try the Read by QxMD app:
- Download the Read by QxMD app (available for Apple and Android devices)
- Open the app and click on the “Start reading” button (or click “log-in if you have an existing account)
After you have created or signed-in to your account, you will need to set-up institutional access:
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen
- Select “Account details” and click on the “Institution” field.
- On the next screen scroll through the alphabetic list and select “Washington University in St. Louis—School of Medicine”
- Click “done” in the upper right corner to save the new settings. Exit the account details box.
- Click on the gear icon again and select “Institutional Access”
- On this screen select “Automatic Login using Library Login” (if you would like the app to log-in to the Becker proxy server automatically)
- Enter your Becker proxy account username and password. It may take a moment for your information to save. An error message will pop up if you entered your information incorrectly.
You should now be ready to use the Read by QxMD app to access full-text content. You can learn more about the best ways to use the Read App in this iMedicalapps.com review: LINK
Device Availability: Android and Apple smartphones and tablets